Very low-cost cellphone module. A mini GSM / GPRS breakout board based on SIM800L module, supports quad-band GSM/GPRS network, available for GPRS and SMS message data remote transmission.
The board features compact size and low current consumption. With power saving technique, the current consumption is as low as 1mA in sleep mode.
It communicates with microcontroller via UART port, supports command including 3GPP TS 27.007, 27.005 and SIMCOM enhanced AT Commands.
In transmission the module can consume up to 2 Amps of current. You will need to power the module between 3.7V and 4.2V. You can use a high-power buck-to-buck converter module such as this to do that.
- Quad-band 850/900/1800/1900MHz
- Connect onto any global GSM network with any 2G SIM
- Make and receive voice calls using a headset or an external speaker such as this and an electret microphone such as this.
- Send and receive SMS messages.
- Send and receive GPRS data (TCP/IP, HTTP, etc.).
- Find GSM (GPRS) location – this is not GPS.
- AT command interface with “auto baud” detection.